Mojo Does Mexico January 2026

 


Hey Fabulous Followers! This blog is dedicated to my Aunt Alice whom I called Auntie Mama! After my mom died, I coined the name Auntie Mama.  Aunt Alice looked a lot like my mom and people at times thought I was her daughter.

Joe and I decided over a year ago to take this trip that was earned in a casino.  Since I was provided a balcony room for 2, I decided to upgrade to a junior suite with a sunset balcony. This means our room was in the aft or back of the ship.  It is an unbelievable sized balcony where we spent lots of time enjoying our private paradise.

I


                                                 

This get away was about rest, relaxation and just enjoy being with each other. 

We had 2 ports of call.  The first was Costa Maya. We took an excursion to the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins which means the "Place of the Red Corn," that features large temples and platforms from 700 AD.

We enjoyed great weather viewing the spectacular ruins.


Our 2nd port of call was Cozumel. As we approached Cozumel, tears gathered in my eyes thinking of Aunt Alice. Why you ask? Well, here is the back story.

My mom died (Aunt Alice's sister) in July 2019.  My 2 aunts, uncle and cousins had planned a cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel, so Joe and I decided to surprise them and go on the same trip.

As I was standing in the buffet line, my Uncle Leslie came to me and said "You look like my niece.  Wait, you are my niece!" The family was surprised and we had a great time.  I had individual time with everyone, including Aunt Alice.  These moments were special to me then, since the passing of my mother was still so new.  After the cruise,  I saw Aunt Alice a few times and we spoke on the phone. She encouraged me when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and learning to deal with the sleep machine.  Who knew in November 2020, she would die of COVID related illness.  She should not have died!  She should still be here today!  I harbor a lot of hate about anything COVID. Now you know the back story.

Back to Present

As our ship was docking at Cozumel, I was reminiscing of Auntie Mama and the special time shared with her.

Joe and I went on an excursion titled "Mezcal and Mole." If you don't know, Joe and I are foodies and we like to taste the local fare when traveling. We went to the Barriecito restaurant and tasted 7 varieties of mole paired with a shot of mezcal.  It was an enjoyable experience shared with another couple, Marty and Joann from Toronto. We enjoyed the deliciousness of the mole, the smelling and tasting of the mezcal and had lots of laughs.  After 7 shots of mezcal, there should have been laughs!  In fact we discovered we were neighbors on the ship!  We both had aft balconies side by side and didn't even know it.

Check out our before and after pictures!

                                             Before the tasting begins


                                            After 7 pairings of mezcal and mole

So, you may be wondering where I am going with all this.....here it is.

You gotta drink the mezcal now cause you won't drink it at your funeral. 

You gotta travel now cause you will be traveling 6 feet under at your funeral.

You gotta spend time with your family and friends now cause it becomes a one-sided conversation at your funeral.

You gotta find that life's purpose, read that book, do that dream hobby now cause it will be too late at your funeral.

You gotta live and enjoy life cause it all ends at your funeral.

I am certainly glad I had my memorable time with Auntie Mama.

Blessings!

                                                      Mojo with Auntie Mama on 2019 cruise





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025