Mojo Road Trip 2024 Day 15 June 17, 2024 - Burlington
Hello Fabulous Followers! Bernadette has been on the road again and we are outside Burlington staying at an AirBnB on Lake Champlain in Grand Isle, Vermont.
Let me catch you up. We drove family from Saranac Lake to Albany Airport and then turned around to come to Burlington. Family landed safely in Jacksonville.
We had a great time and no issues with 10 people being on a 1 acre island only accessible by boat sharing 1 bathroom. I will be honest, only having 1 bathroom was not a "turn on" for any of us, but we made it work.
So, let me catch you up on food. You have missed the food portion, right? Well, we took the boat 2 days into town to grocery shop. Feeding 10 people for all meals and snacks, it just was not conducive to eating out. My hubby and sis-in-love, Joy, are fabulous shoppers and know how to feed a crowd. For breakfast, we ate eggs and bacon; grits and bacon; pancakes and sausage. I was missing my grits, so I was glad to have them. Can you believe we found them in a NY grocery store!
Lunch was chicken salad, peanut butter sandwiches, snacks, chips and dip...you get it.
Dinners included grilled hamburgers and hotdogs with cole slaw and potato salad; spaghetti and salad (another fav of mine that I was missing); grilled chicken with leftover sides. As the Campbell's commercial said mmm mmm good.
I am dedicating the Burlington trip to a friend, Karen. Karen and another friend of mine, Leigh Ann, were to take a bus trip to Burlington, but it was cancelled. Karen shared her itinerary with me and since Joe wanted to visit Burlington, I crafted this portion of our trip with her information.
Went to downtown Burlington and got a late lunch. My only picture was of a cider and cheddar cheese soup, which was really delicious. And we stopped at Ben & Jerry's!!! Cherry Garcia, baby.
Here are some pics as we were traveling to Grand Isle using US 7 North (thanks Ben and Colleen)!
Check out our views from our "home" on Lake Champlain with Plattsburgh, NY in the background. Lastly, check out that sunset!
See ya tomorrow. Blessings!










Comments
Post a Comment