Mojo Road Trip 2024 Day 19 June 21, 2024 - New York State of Mind
Hello Fabulous Followers! Today has been the longest and hardest travel day. We knew we had about a 7 hour day, but it turned longer. We started at 9:40am and checked into the hotel at 6:40pm. Our GPS
took us a different route due to a thunderstorm, got caught in commuter traffic exiting toward Niagara Falls, had to wait to pay $5 to cross the Niagara River and a long wait at the border. We were glad to get here!
Bernadette got on a ferry to go from Vermont and New York. Did someone have a question? Bernadette is our RAV 4......I mentioned this in one of my first blogs. Bernadette was first in line to get on and exit the ferry; she was very excited.
On one of our back road routes, I had to potty. We came to a small town and I had Joe stop at the public library. He said what? What are you going to do check out a book? No, I am going to the public bathroom in the public library. Well, they were closed. We pulled out of parking lot and the library was having a book sale. I came close to buying a book and begging for a bathroom. But we found a grocery store attached to a hardware store. How convenient. But the bathroom was outside (in the rain) in another building. No toilet paper. I was about to get TP from our car and remembered I had tissues in my purse. I usually don't know the value of these tissues, but I have noticed my friend Tricia keeps some in her purse. Well, honey, I know the value now! So, travel tip ladies....if you ain't got TP in the car, keep tissues in your purse.
We enjoyed the first part of our route going through the Adirondack Park. We saw a deer and turkeys and crossed the Hudson River (New York State of Mind....get it...Billy Joel).
Had so much to say, but just too tired. Have not gotten a great view of the Falls yet, but we are doing the Maid of the Mist tomorrow, so more to come.
Enjoyed a good meal of protein and veggies - Japanese restaurant.
Well, signing off. Up early tomorrow for the Viator rep to pick us up at the hotel.
See ya tomorrow. Blessings!







Comments
Post a Comment