Mojo Road Trip 2024 Day 2 June 4, 2024

 Hey y'all!  On the road again at 11am from Fayetteville, NC and headed to Colonial Williamsburg and thanking God for a good day yesterday.

So, I have more thoughts from yesterday that I decided to share.  So, I will start a section on Food.

The food yesterday was lackluster.  It is sad when the best thing you ate was Kirkland pecans from Costco.  If you know us well, we are what some friends and family say, we are food snobs.  I like to eat, so I want to like what I eat.  When we stopped at the hotel, we did not want to drive another 30 minutes for food - we were tired and it was overcast and thundering.  So, we could choose from Ruby Tuesday or Cracker Barrel.  Well, I do not care for the Cracker Barrel, so we chose Ruby Tuesday thinking a good salad would be good.  WRONG!  It had no eye appeal and some of the lettuce was wilty. But salad bar it was.  Joe got 2 chicken sliders and salad bar, so we shared the 2 sliders.  One sad looking piece of chicken tender with a pickle on a bun.  It was food.  The best thing later was the DoubleTree cookies they gave us.

This morning we had Bojangles coffee (humph) and a sausage biscuit (it was ok especially if you are hungry). Maybe today will be a better food day.  Honestly, I told Joe if this road trip is made up of this kind of food, we may have to go home early.  But I am sure it will get better, right???

So, after the luscious dinner we settle in our hotel room.  So, we both packed a small bag each to get through the next days and not have to get into the 1 large suitcase we sharing. I open my small bag and there is no nightgown.  How did I forget that?  I know I got 2 out to pack and 1 was for the small bag.  Why can't I pack? I can spend hours, days, weeks packing and still not get it right!  I watched my sis-in-love, Joy, pack for a 2 week trip in 1 hour the day before she left.  I almost hated her at that moment.  I packed 3 days in advance and still had no nightgown (I did eventually open the big suitcase to get one.)

I know make a list.  I hear my friend, Leigh Ann, and cousin Marcia saying that.  They make lists to remind them to make a list.  Well, I did make a list!  And what good did it do me? I get bored with a list, then I forget to look at the list or I don't look at the whole list...I don't know.  I did make a list, I did try to check items off, but I missed the nightgown.

So, I open the big suitcase and get a nightgown.  Now off to the toiletries bag and I have no razor.  Maybe I need to add razor to that dreaded list.  I remember I threw my last razor away after my last trip cause it was dull and I was going to replace it.  I forgot.  I tell my hubby of this travesty.  Bless his heart, he shakes his head, smiles and says we can get one or use mine. Thank God he is so chill. So, we are traveling down the road with my unshaved legs and hope no one wants to braid my leg hair.  Oh well!

Here is a picture of Bernadette.  Joe came up with the name from the character from Big Bank Theory (my FAVORITE show).  She is small and demure with a tinny, shrill voice, but then can become fiesty and sassy!


Another random thought, I am writing this blog in Bernadette.  I know technology has some negative aspects, but how cool is it to know Bernadette has wifi and I can use my laptop while driving down the road.  In fact, yesterday I made airline reservations for a future adventure.

Okay, the voices in my head have gone to sleep.  Yes, I have voices in my head, and they wanted me to write these thoughts down for you.  You will be hearing about these voices more I am sure.  Since they are gone, I will now just focus on I-95 with no scenery and nothing fascinating to look at yet. North Carolina needs to widen and improve I-95.

Thanks for taking this journey with me.  Ttyl

We got to Williamsburg and settled into our room and began our adventure.  Here are pictures of the campus and our room.







We saw a Fife & Drum Military Ceremony and walked the streets.





Now the best part!  Dinner!  Oh my!!!!! It was so good. It was much better than the wilty lettuce Ruby Tuesday salad bar, that's for sure.

 We ate at the Sweet Tea & Barley. We shared a pork chop with collard greens and mac and cheese, brussel sprouts, biscuits and bread pudding. (I had a strawberry rhubarb mule, but don't tell anyone).




We are in the room to gear up for a full, hot day tomorrow. Enjoy your evening and let's talk tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026