Mojo Road Trip 2024 Day 20 June 22, 2024 - Grump to Grins
Hello Fabulous Followers!
Niagara Falls was amazing. To see the falls up close and witness the power and strength of the current brings chills. People have died trying to "barrel" down. The latest death was a 39 year old man in 1995 using a jet ski. As he approached the falls, he was to let go of the jet ski and use a parachute to get him to the river for a rescue. The parachute did not open and he plunged to his death. After this, Canada changed the fine for jumping from $500 to $10,000. Plus, if you plunge successfully and have to be rescued, you must pay for all salaries, equipment, time, etc for the rescue.
We went on the Maid of the Mist and it was fun. Yes, we got wet and it was super fun! I wish the trip lasted longer than 20 minutes.
My sis-in-love, Joy and her friend are coming here to zipline in a couple of weeks. Saw the zipline launch and there is no way I would do that. Joy is brave, but oh my!!!
Now, you are asking why the title Grump to Grins. Well, let me tell you. When that phone alarm went off at 615am, I could have flung the phone across the room. I somehow manage to get up, dressed and put my face on to make my way downstairs for the free breakfast. Yuck! Cold scrambled eggs and the other 2 vessels (whatever you call it) were empty. Supposedly, one held sausage that looked like a hot dog. I had an English muffin with cream cheese. Let me tell you, I do not like wooden cutlery. Now, this is my blog, so I am entitled to my opinion. I do not care if the wooden fork is environmentally friendly. When it is 7am, and you are trying to swallow cold scrambled eggs, that DARN wooden fork does not fork the eggs and the taste of it on your tongue is disgusting!!!! This is my grump face.
But we are picked up for the Viator tour and the Maid of the Mist was so great! The falls are spectatcular. So Joe captured me like this.
We stopped for lunch and no, we did not eat poutine. I am not eating that! But it was suggested to try the Niagara ice wine. It was so good, but "my butt ate a soda cracker" when I paid $14 for 2 ounces.
We came back and enjoyed a much needed nap. We are going to head out again and walk around. We leave tomorrow for Erie, New York for 1 night. We have been told crossing the Rainbow bridge tomorrow is going to be an adventure, meaning it may take a long time. The Maid of the Mist is supposed to launch from the American side, but due to traffic and our tour guide was Canadian, we stayed on the Canada side for the launch. Enjoy more pics.
See ya tomorrow. Blessings!









Comments
Post a Comment