Mojo Road Trip 2024 Summary - There is No Place Like Home

Hello Fabulous Followers!  Wow, we have been together for 27 days - can you believe how the time has flown?  Can you believe all we have seen?

This trip has been amazing.  As a reminder, the purpose of the trip was to spend a long weekend with family in Saranac Lake, New York.  And man, did we have a great time spending time together - talking, playing, fishing, kayaking and just sitting around enjoying conversation and laughs.  Joe did not want to fly up just for this weekend and asked if he and I could do a road trip.  So, I crafted this agenda and started the work last November.  I am proud of the agenda and it worked out so successfully!  Every location was amazing and all the accommodations have been clean, comfy and so nice.

To be honest, I had angst and trepidation over the trip.  What ifs plagued me.  What if the car breaks down? What if we don't like a place reserved? What if we get sick?  What ifs???  So I told myself to take a deep breath and just take it 1 day at a time (sounds like the name of a song).  And you know, God blessed us with safe travels, a dependable vehicle, good weather and the ability to take a trip like this.  It was so enjoyable and I do look forward to doing it again.

My sis-in-love, Joy, asked me what did I like the most?  And I could not answer her. Here is what I enjoyed about the journey:

  • Loved seeing mountains and rolling hills with green grass
  • Loved all the trees and blooming flowers
  • Saw so many cattail plants - not seen these in years
  • Saw fireflies or do you say lightning bugs?
  • So many corn fields up North that are about 2 months behind the fields in the South
  • White blowing stuff that triggered my sinuses, 2 months after my sinuses bothered me at home
  • Nice weather.  Yes, there was a heat wave, but with lower humidity nothing compared to Florida.  Heck the 3rd night in Saranac Lake it was 38 degrees!  Wow, was not prepared for that!
  • Lots of American flags flying at people's homes with bunting flags.  A couple of homes in rural New York also flew the Confederate flag next to the American flag.  I found this very interesting.
  • Drivers in the North do not drive as fast as Florida drivers
  • Northern drivers respect speed limit in small towns much better than Florida
  • When Northerners found out we were from Florida, they all asked - why are you here??
  • Lots of great food at local places
  • Summary of wildlife: 6 live deer; 12 dead deer; 1 live bear and several turkeys
Joe and I had a great time together with little to no fussing.  We drove routes that was not always the fastest, instead taking rural paths to enjoy the sites of the area. I was glad to be with the man I love, who is my best friend, sharing this experience.

I took oodles of pictures and had to be selective for those selected for the blog.  I had never authored a blog before, but it has been fun.  It is also a lot of work. Some nights I was so tired, but I made myself publish that day's blog. Some days blogs I like better than others.  As I would go through the day, a moment or picture captured my attention and the "voices in my head" gave me the title and content for that day.  Some nights I had no thoughts or voices, and just had to make it up.

America has a lot to offer to see. Beautiful landscapes, beautiful skies, beautiful people.  We encountered so many nice people, people that opened the door for you, greeted you when you entered their establishment, a smile when walking by each other, conversation when you sit by each other in a restaurant, the offer to take your picture to capture that special moment. It is not too hard to be friendly, courteous and respectful and it still exists!  We just need to continue to spread this type of love and not accept anything less.

Thank you for taking this journey with me.  Hopefully, we will share future travels together.

See ya tomorrow, well see ya on the next adventure.  Blessings!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026