Mojo Road Trip June 2024 Day 9 June 11, 2024 - Miss My Daddy

 Hello Fabulous Followers.  Today has been a day of lollygagging.  Had light breakfast and shopping.  Yes, did some more shopping and bought outdoor furniture.  The Amish really know how to make furniture.

Went to the Shady Maple Smorgasborg in East Earl.  It was huge. Some highlights were fried chicken. pea salad, corn salad, limas with bacon, bbq pork, green beans - you name it, it was there.  Joe and I shared sugar free desserts like chocolate pudding, blackberry pie, cheesecake.  I had some Amish cheese with rhubarb pie.  It was nice to have good solid food options with salad and veggies.  We are now laid up on the bed in a food coma trying to decide if a walk is possible since there are rain clouds forming.  

The highlight today was Barry's Car Barn.  A gentlemen owns a warehouse full of cars and signage.



My dad died in 1993 at 58 years old of glioblastoma, a brain tumor.  He was my hero and I loved him so.  He drove a Gulf Oil fuel truck (when he died Gulf had been bought out by BP).  He had a twinkle in his blue eyes, loved to have a good time and could "cut a rug" (you know what this means?  he could dance).  Mom always said if they got divorced, I would want to live with him (she was right).  Knowing I did not like mornings, he would play Sweet Caroline and said that song was written for me (my middle name is Caroline).  There was 4 things in life he loved: 1) His wife; 2) His daughter; 3) His cars; 4) His lawn.  (He also loved his hair - blonde hair with a wave to it.  He would get up in the middle of the night and comb his hair)!  He would have loved to been grandpa to my son, Joey.

When we visited Barry's Car Barn, you could not believe the number of cars and the signs, including Gulf signs.  I instantly felt my Dad's spirit in my heart.  It was overwhelming, my heart was full and beating and tears filled my eyes.  I felt his presence as he walked with me looking at these cars.  He would have loved it. I just walked up and down, up and down with my Dad.  Since Daddy died, he has visited me sporadically in the form of a hawk.  This hawk will sit on the fence and just perch there for awhile.  I know it is Daddy, checking on us.  Today, Daddy walked with me in the Barry's Car Barn. Isn't it odd how out of the blue in a random place, you can commune with a loved one?

This is my post today.  Enjoy the car pictures. The first 2 are my favs - a Corvette and a Shelby.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026