Mojo Does London - Alpha and Omega


 Hey Fabulous Followers! Monday, October 21, 2024 was our last day in London. Hard to believe that 13 days and nights went so quickly!

We spent this day on a very long and tiring trip, but it was so worth it!

We bought tickets to see Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath and we were given instructions on where to meet; the meeting time was 7:45 with departure of 8am (I know that is so early for me). We got up at 6am and were on the Tube by 7am.  We could not find the place.  We made our way to the place we thought was correct and was told "oh, this is the only tour that does not leave from here." The man gave us instructions and hoped we got there in time.

Well, it is obvious Joe and I did not hear the instructions well and who can find a street sign when they are located next to or on the side of buildings!  Finally, I looked at Joe and said this isn't working, let's just go back to where we were.  I wanted to cry. I wanted to sob. I wanted to yell.  I wanted to be mad. But all did was be quiet and keep walking. Crying would not solve anything and Joe hates for me to cry (but I still do when I really want to). 

We get back to the stop at 7:59am and this gentleman asks to help.  I said, "yes, but we have missed our tour.  We have been given the wrong meeting point and it is too late now." He looked at our tickets and says it is not too late and called for his driver to escort us to the meeting place.  They called ahead to say we were coming.  I was thanking this gentleman profusely and he said, "no worries. Jesus is our strength. Jesus is the alpha and the omega. I am from Israel."  I said sir, "I support you and Israel and Jesus is the beginning and the end." We arrived at the bus and we were let on.  Is that not God? When we got to our seats, I clasped Joe's arm and said "God is good."

Our journey began at 8:15am and ended at 7:30pm.  By 11am I logged 11,715 steps; when I went to bed I had over 18,000 steps. 

We enjoyed seeing Windsor Castle.  No photos allowed inside.  It was opulent, grand, over the top, ostentatious and just amazing with all the artwork and vases and chandeliers and carpets, etc.  We saw St. George's Chapel where so many monarchs are buried and we saw the resting place of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.  We saw George's Hall with its decor and 40 foot wide red carpet with a huge walkway. We saw the State Apartments that blows your mind and we saw Queen Anne's dollhouse.  This dollhouse made my Barbie Townhome look like a pauper's quarters.  This dollhouse had to be at least 4 feet tall and wide.  It had a champagne bottle with Dom Perignon in it! Everyday someone takes tweezers to examine every piece to ensure it is in good working condition.  You have to google it!  It is unbelievable.



We leave for Stonehenge and I had been warned it is not big and I may find it underwhelming.  Actually, I enjoyed it better than Windsor.  Why?  Stonehenge is 5000 years old; it predates Jesus Christ.  It was put together when man did not have the tools to configure this.  So how did it happen?  Joe likes to think it was aliens.  But is it possible a civilization as sophisticated as us existed to place these stones so  particularly and well aware of the summer and winter solstice?  Could mankind like this exist to only be eradicated and mankind had to start over? Does Stonehenge represent a beginning and an end?

A backstory is in 1915 a lady was having a dinner party and she asked her husband to purchase some items for the party.  Instead, the husband went to an auction and bought Stonehenge.  The wife was furious.  A few years later, the husband and wife donated it to the government.




Our last stop was Bath.  The Romans built the baths and then just left.  The water is not touchable and they do offer a glass of water after it has been filtered.  We did not drink it because we were told it would taste like eggs!  That means sulfur.  We could smell the sulfur, so I passed on that special tasting.

We got through the baths in record cause I wanted to do some shopping!  Bath is so cute with lots of shops and dining options.  They tout themselves with using real cream, real butter, real milk.  I had some chocoholic heaven ice cream and boy, was it heavenly!





Thank you for following us on the beginning and the end of our London journey.  London is a great city to visit with so much to see and do and experience.

Today we took a taxi drive for 2 hours to Southampton where we are tonight.  Tomorrow we get on the Celebrity Apex as we head home!  12 days at sea.  I will keep blogging and I hope you will keep reading.

Blessings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026