Mojo Does London Recap October 15, 2024

 Tuesday, October 15, 2024


For the last several weeks, I have been watching Facebook reels of people taking their picture with the Horse Guard for Buckingham Palace. There is a sign warning the horses may bite and they do!  Well, I had my picture taken, but I knew to stand away from the guard and horse.


And who can resist having a picture with the red telephone booth!

We had a great time exploring the Winston Churchill War Room and Museum.  The War Room are 27 rooms used during WWII from 1939 to 1945 as a bunker for Churchill and his staff, including his wife Clementine.

Churchill was a (pardon the expression) badass!  He liked 2 showers a day and loathed the bedchamber under his cot located in his bunker room during the war.  He would lie on his cot all day and dictate to his secretary.  He deliberately chose the hats he wore to establish his "brand." A quote of his that intrigued me "Words are the only things which last forever." He wrote many books one which was his autobiography My Early Life.

Walked through St. James Park and tah dah!!!!!! saw the Buckingham Palace.  I had been waiting excitedly to see it, and my reaction?  Uh, I was underwhelmed. I am sure the inside tour would have been fantastic, but those tours are only during the summer when King Chuck is away.  The flag was flying on top of the Palace, so the King was home.  But I got to see it and that is most important. Another bucket list item checked off. I did not see the changing of the guard, but ok with that.



Saw Trafalgar Square and had a great lunch of vegetable rolls and chicken green curry at the Thai Square.





Blessings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026