Mojo Does London - Smelly Undies & Stinky Socks October 14, 2024
Hello Fabulous Followers! I know, I know....you are saying what kind of title is this? Well, it is my kind of title.
First, thanks to David Arrington for asking about my nightgown. If you recall on the roadtrip, I mispacked it and bedlam occurred cause I ended up packing it in a different place and I went all nutty. Well, thanks to that lesson learned (and Joe asking me) I packed 2 nightgowns. One in my backpack in case my luggage did not arrive immediately and another tucked away for later. Thanks David!
So, life deals us smelly undies and stinky socks. Now come on, we ALL have had smelly undies and stinky socks at some point in our life. Please do not be in denial over this.
At the Jags game yesterday in Tottenham, the experience was awesome. The stadium held 62, 850 fans from all over the world wearing all different NFL apparel. Some had no allegiance to a team, but just liked going to the game. Some did not understand what was going on, but they were having a great time. The line to buy NFL apparel can be compared to a boisterous crowd pushing to get into Walmart on Thanksgiving night to do Christmas shopping. People in bars, in the streets, everywhere. It was a different experience. But in the midst of all the cheers, laughs, yells and screams, what happened but smelly undies and stinky socks - the Jags did not show up, did not play well and lost miserably.
We left the game dejected, but knew this is another item checked off Joe's bucket list. And, we will be at the next London game on Sunday at Wembley stadium with a fresh pair of undies and clean socks.
In my previous post, I explained I did a lot of research and decided to book my own hotel reservations. Well, I am not disappointed, but have wondered a few times if Pam (my travel agent friend) had been right about another location. We paid for a premium room, meaning a king sized bed with a larger room. We decided we wanted more space since we are here for 13 nights! Well, the room is large, but there is a lot of wasted space and inefficient space. Frankly, when I walked in I thought about crying, but didn't because it would have made Joe crazy. I told myself that when traveling, especially internationally, you just have to be flexible and creative.
We have a closet, so there are clothes hanging, but the hangars are attached to the pole. I thought I would wash clothes and hang around the room, but can't do that. There is a desk, but the left side holds the fridge. The right side holds the safe, but there is one other shelf to use. The middle drawer is used for storing stuff.
Joe and I have our clothes in pods, so my pods are on a shelf on the top of the closet. There is a coffee table and on top holds my glasses, toiletries, cosmetics, meds, etc. The bottom shelf contains Joe's pods. I just felt as if the room dealt my smelly undies and stinky socks, but I have been creative in storing our stuff and using every space and hooks provided to the best of my ability. I am kinda proud of myself for that.
Well, now let's talk about the real smelly undies and stinky socks. I did not bring enough of either to get me through London before our cruise, but I decided I would let the hotel do laundry for me. Well......it is 4 pounds per panties and socks to wash. Whaaat??? That is more expensive than a cruise ship. I will be able to get one bag of laundry washed free on the ship, but how I am going to wait that long. Yes, I know there is a wash place in the neighborhood, but it is not self service and still expensive.
Now another piece of the puzzle is the bathroom is nice, but wasted space. But what it does have is hot rails to keep our bath towels warm. On our 2nd day I stopped and stared at these hot rails and I got an idea! I will wash my socks and undies and dry them on the hot rails.
So, that night while in the shower I wash my undies and socks. I guess I was talking to myself (which is not unusual) and Joe came in to check on me. He said, "What in the bleep are you doing?" I said, "Washing my undies to save money." His response, "Why are you smelling your underwear?" My reply, "To make sure I get all the stank out!" Joe looks at me, his eyes getting rounder and then silently he turns around and walks out. Well, I think I am just a genius. I mean I got smelly undies and stinky socks and I have found a solution in washing and drying them. Do you know that by the next morning they are dried?
Well, it must be a brilliant idea because Joe washes his underpanties (his word) too.
For my church friends, I know when you see Joe and me you are going to think about this blog and start to smile and laugh. Go ahead! It will make Pastor Troy think he is having a great sermon!
What's the point to all of this? Life is not always fair and does not always deal us the best hand, but how we navigate the journey is what's most important.
Don't stop learning and don't stop traveling. Just find ways to get through it.
When you have smelly undies and stinky socks, and you will, find a way to wash them.
Blessings!

Comments
Post a Comment