Viking Mississippi - Final Post - Hannibal and St Louis, Missouri

 Oh, Fabulous Followers, I am so delayed in this last post.  But I am going to write to finish out this trip (because I am on another one).

We made a stop in Hannibal, Missouri, the birthplace of Mark Twain.  Loved this town. We toured Mark's home, Huck Finn's home and Becky's home.  Hannibal is a nice town with lots of shopping events. I had shipped some beautiful pottery handmade by a father/daughter duo who owns the shop.  I love supporting local businesses.  We bought 4 soup bowls and a couple of wine glasses.  If you want to do some online Christmas shopping check out Ayers Pottery.  You will not be disappointed.


Mark Twain's home



Tom Sawyer fence


Huck Finn home

Our last stop was a 2 night stay in St. Louis, Missouri. Viking put us up in very nice accommodations at Chase Park.  Joe and I took an Uber to the St. Louis Cardinals and enjoyed touring their museum and baseball stadium.  The stadium is very nice and made us want to go back to take in a game.





Our last stop was the great arch.  Wow! Can you imagine taking years to build and the complexity to build this architecture?  And there were no deaths!  Beautiful!  It stands proud as the Gateway to the West.




Joe and I enjoyed the experience of the Mississippi River and what Viking is doing to raise awareness of the Mississippi River and help local economies. I made new friends who live in DeLand, Florida, Delaware and Texas.  Traveling is good to meet new people and learn who they are.

Do I recommend the Viking Mississippi?  Yes, if your mobility is not what it used to be.  The average age of this cruise was 78-80 years young and most went to bed at 8:30pm.  The nightlife is what you make of it with others who want to stay up a little longer too.  Do we regret it?  No regrets.  Live and learn.  We had another wonderful experience.

Blessings!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026