Mojo Travels - Iceland, Greenland & Quebec
Hello Fabulous Followers! We landed in Reykjavik Sunday morning at 830am and what a whirlwind. We were picked up at 1045am and headed to the Blue Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon is a natural wonder of Iceland, thermal waters ranging from 90 to 104 degrees. It is to heal the soul and be good for your skin. There was a swim up bar for drinks and various facial masks. You are surrounded by lava rocks and nearby is the active volcano that just erupted days prior.
We traveled with friends that we met on a past cruise. In fact, Pam is our travel agent and she organized this trip.
After the Blue Lagoon, we geared up to ride a zodiac to an island with 40,000 pairs of puffins. You will not believe how many layers I had on underneath. I waddled around and felt like a marshmallow. When we got on the zodiac, I was told to straddle the suspension seat like riding a horse. I have never ridden a horse!
How cute they are! Did you know puffins mate for life? Their wings flap 400 times per minute when flying? The male builds a home with a bedroom and a bathroom, finds his mate and she lays one egg. During the summer they stay in Iceland, but move to the open ocean during the winter.





Comments
Post a Comment