Mojo Travels Iceland, Greenland & Quebec

 Iceland Part 2


Hello Fabulous Followers! Meet Bono, the Viking man. Well, his name is Svraubi,  but I dubbed him Bono cause of his cool glasses. Of course, he loved being called Bono since he had a big ego and “player” swag. And, if you know me well, you know I like big guys.

Bono was our private tour guide. Oh! Wait! Let me step back and introduce you to my travel friends. A few years ago, I met a nice couple, Pam and Paul from Ohio on a cruise. Pam is a travel agent and she is credited for some of my travel destinations. I feel blessed to have met Pam and Paul, since I can tag along on great adventures and made new friends along the way. Pam takes an annual February cruise and I made a goal to be part of this itinerary. From a previous February cruise, Joe and I met Doug and Arlie, a wonderful couple from Pennsylvania. So, the 6 of us are on the Azamara Quest on a 15 day voyage to Iceland, Greenland and Quebec.

So, you read the previous blog about the Blue Lagoon and puffins, right? Well after a great night’s sleep after being up 32 hours, we took a private tour with Bono called the Golden Circle and modified the itinerary to meet our needs and timeline. The Golden Circle took us to the Thingvellir National Park which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Vikings established their oldest still existing Parliament here in 940AD. Iceland’s largest lake called Lake Pingvallavatn or Fields of Congress Lake is here too.


Since the lake has filtration from the lava fields which allows light to access greater depths, the lake is populated with brown trout, arctic char fish and lots of plant growth.

The park has a bridge between continents so you can place 1 foot in North America and 1 foot in Europe.


Bono appeased me and made an impromptu stop for ice cream! How creamy! And the cows that donated their milk are right there with you! Some of the best I had!

I had an epiphanic moment sitting in a cozy corner listening to country music eating ice cream on an Icelandic cow farm and feeling blessed and humbled. My grandparents probably were unaware of Iceland’s existence and my parents would not have thought of traveling to this place. I had a quiet moment of prayer and reflection.


        Thank you Elsie for the ice cream

Our next stop was a beautiful waterfall. Gullfoss Waterfall plummets more than 100 feet into a massive canyon with walls rising upwards of 230 feet.



To finish our Golden Circle trip, we visited Kerid, the most famous volcanic crater in Iceland which erupted about 6500 years ago. It is a stunning geological wonder of Iceland made up of red volcanic rock. The current lake is not fed by rainwater, but by an underground water source.


Lastly, Bono dropped us off to embark upon the Azamara Quest.

I will continue with Greenland and fun on the ship.

Blessings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026