France 2025 - Sleeping Beauty

 

Bon Jour Fabulous Followers!  Let's catch up.  Over a year and a half ago, Joe and I made a decision to travel to France.  Pam, remember her, our travel agent friend?  We were in Iceland and Greenland last month with her.  Pam put together a group to travel by AmaWaterways river cruise from north to south France.

Since the travel group was flying from JFK to Paris, Joe and I decided to do the same. Back story: my dear friend, Margo, in April of 2024 told me about 10x Travel.  A way to earn points with credit cards and use the points for travel.  For the last year and a half, I have been immersed in this hobby.  Well, the studying, the strategizing and learning paid off and Joe and I booked business class seats on AirFrance from JFK to Paris using points.

When we got on the plane, I felt like country come to town.  We were shittin' in high cotton.  Now that is a saying from my South Georgia family....if you have high cotton, then it is a bumper crop.  So if you are pooping in it, you are doing good. It was the best plane ride ever! We had our own tv, headphones, cushion for the seat, pillow, blanket, slippers, travel bag with toothbrush and toothpaste, drinks, dinner...!  We could lie straight back to sleep.  I even felt comfortable enough to walk in my slippers to the bathroom.  That was the cleanest airplane bathroom I ever experienced.

I looked over at my love and the above picture was what I captured. I truly felt blessed to have this experience.  

We landed at Charles de Gaulle and stayed 2 nights at the Maison Astor hotel.  This hotel was originally built by John Jacob Astor IV and was his personal home. He was a rich US businessman who died on the Titanic.

For 2 days we enjoyed walking around Paris and visiting Montmartre, known for its basilica, artists selling their works and nightclub life. I enjoyed a cheese crepe on the Champs Elysees....ooh la la!

Enjoy the beauty as we embark on this French journey. Blessings!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2025 - D Day

Mojo Rants and Blunders - France & More 2025

Mojo Does Mexico January 2026