Mojo Does French Rivera 2025
Hey Fabulous Followers! When we left Arles, we were bussed to Nice. We made a stop in Aix-en-Provence (X-in-Pru-Vance). It was market day and we shopped and ate like the locals. This city is the birthplace of artist, Paul Cezanne.
Joe enjoying the market.Then we were whisked to Nice (Niece), France, the French Riviera. Oh my! What a place!! This 3 night stay was an experience that impacted me. If you follow me, you know there are places that give me pause for reflection. This place did that for me. I could not believe I was staying in the French Riviera! The place I read about in books and magazines where the rich and famous and Princess Grace lived. I am none of that. I am just me raised by hardworking parents. I don’t even know if my grandparents knew about the French Riviera.
As a native Floridian, I love the sun, blue sky and ocean. This place did not disappoint.
The French Riviera also known as Cote d’ Azur (coat-de-uh-zur) which means Azure Coast, describing the blueness of the Mediterranean Sea.
The hotel was the nicest I ever stayed in. Here it goes…. I was shittin’ in high cotton. The bed was so big a third person could have slept comfortably. Joe and I would roll to our respective sides and our fingertips did not touch. We were sleeping in separate zip codes. The shower could fit 4. I flooded the floor, but that story comes in another blog. Oh! It had the softest robe and comfy slippers. I love a robe and slippers when I travel.
We rode on the road where Princess Grace had her accident and died. Went into the church where she was married and buried. I loved it cause as a teenager I read her biography and loved the story of a beautiful girl marrying a prince.
We saw the Grimaldi palace where this family has ruled for over 700 years and ruled by Prince Albert today.
Went to Monte Carlo and saw the inside lobby of the casino. Could not enter casino without passports and fee and we did not go in. Had very expensive drinks in the Monte Carlo courtyard. Was the price worth it? Yes! Sometimes an experience is priceless.
Had a lunch and a rooftop dinner overlooking the Med - the French Riviera. This was powerful for me. It gave me pause to memorialize my parents for providing a loving foundation and teaching me I can do whatever I want as long as I plan and save. And thankful for a husband who is a partner in love and saving. That’s how I am able to celebrate this experience. As I write this, I have tears of blessings.
Enjoy the pictures of the French Riviera.
Stay tuned for more adventures as Mojo does the train. Blessings!!
Ohhh, this bed was so comfy at the Anantara HotelLunch with a view
Rooftop dining with a view
Monte Carlo refreshments
Below are random pictures of the French Riviera



















Comments
Post a Comment